Beef & Bok Choy Stir-Fry
A simple yet delicious dinner for 2 that's ready in no time. Bonus - there's only one pan to clean up!
- 375 g lean beef (such as sirloin), sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil (such as canola oil)
- 2-3 Tbsp oyster sauce, divided
- 1 lb baby bok choy or regular bok choy, chopped lengthwise
- 2 tsp sesame seeds (optional: toast the sesame seeds)
- 3-4 cups cooked rice or noodles for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine beef strips with soy sauce, sesame oil and corn starch. Let sit for at least 5-10 minutes while you prepare the bok choy.
- In a skillet or wok, bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Add bok choy. Cover and cook on medium-high heat until bok choy stems are tender when pierced with a fork. Add about 1/2 Tbsp to 1 Tbsp of oyster sauce (more or less to taste) and toss the bok choy. Transfer bok choy to a plate.
- Drain off any excess water from the skillet and make sure the skillet is dry.
- Heat skillet on medium-high heat. When skillet is hot, add 1 T cooking oil.
- Add beef strips to skillet and let cook for 1 minute, undisturbed. Then stir-fry beef strips for another 3-4 minutes, depending on desired level of doneness. Add remaining oyster sauce to taste and combine.
- Place bok choy over rice. Top with beef and sprinkle with sesame seeds.