Easy Cheesy Tuna Casserole
When I was a kid, my mom made this almost every Sunday for dinner. It’s a classic comfort food casserole, and oh so easy to make, using a combination of fresh, frozen and canned ingredients.
- 3 cups cooked whole wheat pasta noodles
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cans (170 g each) tuna
- 2 cans (284 mL each) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup Ontario milk
- 2 cups Ontario cheese, grated or shredded
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Ontario butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, carrots, peas and tuna.
- Add cream of mushroom soup and mix well.
- Pour in milk and add grated cheese. Mix well.
- Spread into a 2 L casserole dish.
- Mix breadcrumbs with melted butter. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over casserole.
- Bake about 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.