As parents, sometimes we sacrifice our own taste buds to please our kids’ preferences. But we don’t have to! Here are 2 easy recipes for everyone in the family to enjoy!
Get the kids in the kitchen! Kids are more likely to try the foods that they’ve helped to make. Get all of the pizza ingredients ready and each person can make their own.
- Naan (regular sized and / or mini; or use flatbread, tortilla wraps, English muffin or bagel)
- Tomato / Pasta sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Feta cheese
- Your favourite toppings: e.g. red peppers, green peppers, ham, diced pineapple, olives, artichokes, sliced red onion, roasted red peppers
- Spread 1-2 Tbsp of tomato sauce on each naan.
- Sprinkle on Mozzarella cheese.
- Add your favourite toppings.
- Bake at 375 F for about 5-10 minutes or until the Mozzarella cheese has melted.
Banana Berry Smoothies
We’ve all had smoothies with banana and berries. But this version also calls for cauliflower which adds a creaminess to the smoothie! Give it a try!
- ½ banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1½-2 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup pineapple chunks (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup frozen cauliflower (raw; fresh or frozen; optional)
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt (plain or flavoured; more or less)
- ½ cup milk (more or less)
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add more Greek yogurt to thicken the smoothie, or more milk to thin it out.
Makes 4 servings.
*Notes: At least one of the fruits or the cauliflower should be frozen. I use vanilla flavoured Greek yogurt.