This soup is so easy to make, you won’t believe it! It uses ingredients that I always have in my kitchen.
6 cups (1.5 L) sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 3 large)
3 1/2 cups (875 ml) chicken broth
1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh ginger root minced or grated
3/4 cup (180 ml) whole milk
1/4 cup (60 ml) lime juice
1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
1/4 cup (60 ml) toasted sliced almonds
1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped fresh coriander
1. In a large saucepan, bring potatoes, chicken broth and ginger to a boil.
2. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
3. Transfer to food processor. Purée until smooth.
4. Return to saucepan over low heat. Whisk in milk, lime juice, salt and pepper and heat through.
5. Ladle in bowls. Sprinkle with almonds and coriander.
Makes 4-6 servings
[Recipe source: Dairy Farmers of Canada]