Fluffy Orange Pancakes
My family's favourite recipe! Perfect for brunch, Mother's Day or a weekend at the cottage! If you have any leftovers, freeze them between sheets of parchment paper.
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cups orange juice
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Tbsp orange zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour (or a mix of both)
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- butter or oil for cooking
- In a large bowl, whisk egg and milk. Add orange juice, melted butter, vanilla extract and orange zest. Whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add to the orange juice mixture and stir just enough to moisten.
- In a large skillet, melt butter or heat oil over medium-high heat, to coat the pan.
- Pour in 1/4 to 1/3 cup of batter (for small pancakes) or 1/2 cup batter for large pancakes. Cook for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until small bubbles begin to appear and the pancake begins to set. The bottoms should be golden. Flip the pancake and cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute or until set.
- Enjoy with your favourite toppings! Makes 12-16 small pancakes or 8 large pancakes.