Shrimp Quinoa Bowl
The orange juice and hit of hot sauce make a delicious marinade and dressing for this nutritious bowl!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
Marinade & Dressing
- 1 cup Florida Orange Juice
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 6 Tbsp vegetable oil (divided: 4 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp)
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp white miso (optional)
Toppings for Quinoa Bowl
- 1 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 English cucumber, sliced into half moons
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Place water and quinoa in a pot. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- While quinoa is cooking, place Florida Orange Juice, hot sauce, honey, soy sauce, 4 Tbsp vegetable oil, lime juice and miso (optional) in a bowl. Whisk together.
- Pour half of the orange juice mixture over the shrimp. Marinate for 15 minutes. Reserve the remaining half of the orange juice mixture to use as a dressing.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Add shrimp to a skillet or wok and sauté, cooking approximately 2 minutes per side until pink and cooked through.
- Place 1/2 cup quinoa in a bowl and top with shrimp, avocado, cucumber, pepper and green onions.
- Drizzle with dressing that was set aside, and garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro.
Recipe from Florida Orange Juice.