On my recent trip to Italy, Chef Stefania Borgioli taught me how to make this delicious dish! A great recipe for your garden tomatoes!
10 ripe tomatoes ( Sammarzano or Roma type)
1 garlic clove
3 handfuls of bread crumbs
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Parmesan cheese to taste
1. Cut tomatoes in half; gently remove the seeds, and salt them a little.
2. In a blender put all of the other ingredients to make a “panure” (breadcrumb mixture).
3. Put the tomatoes in a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Stuff the tomatoes with the panure.
4. Bake at 400F for about 20 minutes or until golden on top.
5. Enjoy hot or at room temperature. Perfect also to dress pasta.
Recipe printed with permission from Chef Stefania, Toscana in Bocca, Florence, Italy.