Best Shrimp Fried Rice
The secret to making the best fried rice is to use cold, leftover cooked rice. The grains are drier, giving you just the right texture. (Using freshly cooked rice results in a soggier fried rice!)
- 4 tsp canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen green peas, rinsed
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 cups cold, leftover cooked white or brown rice
- 2 Tbsp sodium reduced soy sauce
- 1 cup cooked shriimp
- In a large fry pan, heat 2 tsp oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add peas and cook all of these veggies for another minute.
- Place veggies aside in a bowl while you cook the eggs.
- Add 2 tsp oil to the pan. Pour in the eggs and scramble to cook. Place cooked eggs aside in the bowl with the veggies.
- Crumble the leftover rice with your hands and add to the pan. (Add a bit more oil if needed.) Mix until thoroughly heated. Add soy sauce and mix well.
- Stir in the cooked onions, mushrooms, peas, eggs and shrimp.