Goat Cheese Tarts with Sautéed Mushrooms
The sautéed mushrooms pair wonderfully with creamy goat cheese for a wonderful appetizer!
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream (light or regular)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup 10% cream
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive or canola oil
- 2 cups sliced, fresh mushrooms (white, cremini or blend of mushrooms)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh, chopped rosemary
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, combine melted butter, breadcrumbs and sugar. Press mixture evenly into three mini (4-inch) cheesecake tins.
- Add eggs, goat cheese, sour cream, maple syrup and cream into a food processor. Mix until smooth. Pour over the crusts into each cheesecake tin. Place cheesecake tins onto a cookie sheet and bake for about 30 minutes or until the cheese is set.
- In a frying pan, heat oil and sauté the mushrooms for about 4 minutes. Season with chopped rosemary and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread mushrooms over each tart and serve with crackers.
- I prefer serving the tart cold. Prepare the cheese tart and mushrooms in advance and keep them both refrigerated. At serving time, heat up the mushrooms and spread over each tart. Serve with crackers such as Rosemary Triscuits (shown in photo).
Recipe is adapted from: Maple from Canada.