Looking back on the year, here are just a few of my favourite nutrition news and trends from home and abroad.
- Guiding Stars – a new nutrition labelling program in Canada.
- Whole Foods Canada supermarket introduces first ever animal welfare standards and puts it on the meat label.
- Redefining “fast food”: strawberry vending machines in Belgium.
- Food stickers that dissolve and become soap to wash your fruit.
- Time to learn a new skill: 28% of Americans can’t cook.
- Fighting hunger and improving food security: Bon Jovi opens charitable pay-what-you-can resto in New Jersey.