What’s tea time without a little biscuit, right? This one bowl recipe couldn’t be easier! Enjoy them warm, for melt-in-your mouth deliciousness!
1/2 cup butter
2 cups all purpose flour
1 T sugar
1 T baking powder
1 T garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a small microwave-safe bowl for about 35-45 seconds. Allow butter to cool while you prepare the dry ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder and salt. Mix these dry ingredients with a fork.
- Add shredded cheese to the dry ingredients and mix well with a fork.
- Add milk into the bowl with the cooled butter and stir. (It will look like it’s curdling – that’s OK.)
- Pour the milk / butter mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir with a fork until it’s just combined.
- Pick up a “blob” of dough (about 1/2 cup) and drop it onto the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until biscuits begin to brown around the edges.
Makes 8 large biscuits.